- Extreme impact resistance to 20 ft-lbs/in (1059 J/m) withstands high impact from wheelchairs, gurneys, crash rails, corner guards, etc
- Extreme chemical resistance allows repeated, thorough cleaning of blood, grime and graffiti using concentrated cleansers
- UL Std 94 V-0, UL Std 94 5V, ASTM E-84 and ASTM E-62 fire ratings allow compliance with local, national and international codes
- Thermoformability maintains uniform wall thickness, even on outside corners, precisely where most impact occurs
- Unlimited monolithic colors, and unlimited metallic colors with scratch-resistant, integrally colored caps, match any corporate color scheme while making severe gouges and scratches inconspicuous
- Non-hygroscopic to greatly reduce potential for MRI resonance interference compared to other materials
These and other features are detailed on data sheets for the following Boltaron sheet grades recommended for medical equipment housings:
|Most popular grade|
- Boltaron 4335
Boltaron 4335 is a proprietary, fire retardant, extruded Acrylic/PVC Alloy sheet. Boltaron 4335 offers a UL 94 V-0 rating, excellent impact strength, abrasion resistance, chemical resistance, rigidity and thermoformability. Boltaron 4335 is cost competitive with FR ABS but offers superior performance.
- Boltaron 1050
Boltaron 1050 is a normal impact resistant Type I PVC sheet with an industrial smooth finish on both sides. Boltaron 1050 conforms to ASTM D-1784, and is in stock for immediate shipment in gauges from .031 to 3.00 in (.787 mm to 76.2 mm)
- Boltaron 1165
Boltaron® 1165 sheet, extruded from select aircraft and electrical grade recycled trim and resin, provides an exceptional combination of UL 94 V-0 compliance, physical
properties, consistent thermoforming and low cost compared with other flame rated sheet products.
- Boltaron 4330M (Metallic)
Boltaron 4330M is a proprietary, dual layer, metallic thermoplastic sheet. Boltaron 4330 offers a UL 94 V-0 rating and meets stringent FAA flammability requirements. Boltaron 4330M combines excellent impact strength, abrasion resistance, rigidity, and chemical resistance with superior thermoformability.
- Boltaron 4550
Boltaron 4550 is an extruded PVC/Acrylic alloy sheet, capped with a clear, high gloss, acrylic Korad® film. Boltaron 4550 offers excellent UV resistance, impact strength, abrasion resistance, stain and chemical resistance, and thermoformability.
- Boltaron 6540
Boltaron 6540 is a proprietary, fire retardant, extruded ABS/PVC Alloy sheet that meets stringent FAA flammability requirements and UL Standard 94 V-0. Boltaron 6540 offers excellent impact strength, abrasion resistance, chemical resistance and thermoformability.