FAR- and UL-Rated Ultra-High Impact Sheet
Exceptionally high impact resistance for durability and long service life. Comprehensive color range and the industry's widest range of textures expand design freedom.
Compared to other FAR 25.853(a) rated thermoplastic alloy sheet products, Boltaron®
4330 offers an exceptionally high Izod impact strength of 18 ft-lb/in. (953 J/m) for longer service life in aircraft interior components.
This proprietary extruded thermoplastic alloy sheet also expands design freedom with a full range of colors and the widest range of textures in thermoplastic alloy materials. Boltaron's unique custom production capabilities also include the ability to manufacture cost-effective low minimums with fast turnaround.
Boltaron® 4330 also features consistently uniform surface quality, and maintains its wall thickness during thermoforming even in deep draws and sharp corners.
Overall, it offers an unequalled combination of performance and design freedom coupled with both FAR 25.853(a) and UL 94 V0 flammability ratings. Its versatility makes it ideal for applications from aircraft interiors to electrical enclosures, especially in damage-prone environments.
(Note: For aircraft parts larger than 1 sq ft (305 sq mm) requiring an OSU 65/65 rating,.please specify Boltaron® 9815E sheet)
- Izod impact 18 ft-lb/in. (953 J/m)
- FAR 25.853 (a) Compliance
- Uniform high quality appearance
- Wall thickness integrity in deep draw forming
- Full range of colors, widest range of textures
- Lot-to-lot color consistency
- Instrument panel housings
- Class dividers, bulkhead laminates
- Galley and lavatory components
- Bull noses, gap covers, moldings
- Sidewall and kick panels
- Window reveals
- Seat parts, backs, tray tables
- Passenger Service Units (PSUs)
- Light housings, air ducts
- Video monitor shrouds
- Life vest shrouds
- Equipment enclosures, housings
- Medical, analytical equipment
- Insulating panels
- Lengths to 120 in. (3,048 mm)
- Widths to 60 in. (1,524 mm)
- Gauges from 0.028 to 0.250 in.
(0.71 to 6.35 mm)
- Custom sizes, gauges on request
- Full range of colors
- Industry's widest range of textures
- 500 lb minimum
BOLTARON® 4330 PROPERTIES, RATINGS
|Izod Impact (notched)
@ 73°F (23°C)
|Heat Deflection (annealed)
@ 264 psi
|Flammability - UL
|Radiant Panel Flame Spread Index
(0.125 in./3.18 mm gauge)
Vertical burn, 60 sec
Vertical burn, 12 sec
1Values based on minimum thickness of 0.118 in. (3.0 mm), UL File #E54688
2Values based on minimum thickness of 0.047 in. (1.2 mm), UL File #E54688
*Independent lab tests. All tests at 73°F (22.8°C) in dry conditions unless otherwise noted.
||0.5 - 0.7%
||335 - 370°F
||168 - 188°C
|Typical Heater Settings
||30 - 50% Top
||50 - 70% Bottom
BOLTARON® FAR RATED SHEET PRODUCTS
Impact resistant FAR 25.853(d) sheet grades - opaque
Enhanced performance grades
Window shade grades
Additional Boltaron FAR-rated grades
SIMONA offers the widest product range of PVC sheet and rod — FM 4910 rated sheet — chemical resistant materials from PVC, PP and PE to fluoropolymers — orthotics and prosthetics sheet — Boltaron aircraft sheet — plus proven products for boat building, outdoor furniture and many other industries.