FAR-Rated High Temperature Resistant Sheet
4205 extruded proprietary thermoplastic alloy sheet was developed for higher in-service temperature interior aircraft applications. It meets FAR 25.853(a) test criteria, and its heat deflection temperature exceeds 190°F at 264 psi load (88°C at 1.8 MPa).
The material also offers a solid balance of overall performance on impact strength and rigidity, and resists abrasion, staining, chemicals and cleaners. In thermoforming, Boltaron® 4205 exhibits exceptionally high consistency, with uniform surface appearance and wall thickness integrity even in deep draws and sharp corners.
Boltaron's unique custom production capabilities also afford designers a comprehensive range of colors and the industry's widest range of textures for aircraft interior components.
- Heat distortion temperature ≥190°F (88°C)
- Impact resistance, rigidity
- Maintains wall thickness in deep draw forming
- Custom colors, textures at low minimums
- Interior components
- Instrument housings
- Passenger Service Units (PSUs)
- Light housings
- Galley components
- Air ducting
- Lengths to 120 in. (3,048 mm)
- Widths to 60 in. (1,524 mm)
- Gauges from 0.028 in. to 0.250 in. (0.71 to 6.35 mm)
- Custom sizes, gauges on request
- Full range of colors
- Industry's widest range of textures
- 500 lb minimum
BOLTARON® 4205 PROPERTIES, RATINGS
|Izod Impact (notched)
@ 73°F (23°C)
|Heat Deflection (annealed)
@ 264 psi
@ 1.8 MPa
|Flammability - UL
Vertical burn, 60 sec
Vertical burn, 12 sec
1Values based on minimum thickness of 0.118 in. (3.0 mm), UL File #E54688
2Values based on minimum thickness of 0.047 in. (1.2 mm), UL File #E54688
*Independent lab tests. All tests at 73°F (22.8°C) in dry conditions unless otherwise noted.